Monday, January 13, 2014

Crab Rangoon Dip


My favorite Chinese appetizer in a dip? Yes Please!  This dip is outrageously amazing!  I cannot wait to serve it at a party but for right now I will be eating this by myself.  I might share, I said might.  I might have to have a dip month next, I  have so many dips I want to share. 
But for now enjoy week 3 of appetizer month!


Dip
8 oz cream cheese 

½ cup  sour cream
1 (6oz) can lump crab meat, drained well
1 tsp honey
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp sugar
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper

Wonton Chips
 wonton wrappers, cut into strips
Canola Oil for frying

In a bowl mix all of the ingredients together for the dip.

Heat in a 400 degree oven for 10 minutes, or put in a small crock pot over low heat for 2 hours. Or just eat cold, your call

In a large pot, pour in 2 inches of canola oil. Heat over medium high heat, until about 375 degrees.
Working in small batches place strips of wontons into the pot. Cook for about 1 minute, turn them and cook for another 1 minute, or until lightly golden brown.

Remove to a wire rack to drain and cool before serving.

Adapted by





No comments:

Post a Comment