Monday, September 26, 2016

Simple Crock Pot Chili


It is officially fall and that means it is soup season in my house.  I could live off of soup, I really could, there is nothing better than a soup on a cold day and today it is 53 so, soup it is.
I make this chili when I don't have a lot of time on my hands and it is so simple just to throw it in the crock pot and let it simmer all day long. It has the perfect amount of spice and the upside is that you don't have to chop up anything? Not kidding, learn my trick below.  Happy Soup Season!

Ingredients:

1 lb Ground Beef
2 cans, 15 oz, Tomato Sauce
1 can, 15 oz, Dark Kidney Beans, Rinsed
1 can, 15 oz, Light Kidney Beans, Rinsed
1 jar or 1 1/2 cups, Chunky Salsa
2 tablespoons Chili Powder
1 Tablespoon Paprika
1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
1/4 Teaspoon Pepper Flakes

Instructions:

Brown meat and place meat and all other ingredients into slow cook, mix and place on low for 6 hours, high for 3 hours.

Top off with crackers, cheese, sour cream, gold fish, or even corn muffins.









No comments:

Post a Comment