Monday, July 18, 2016

Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp


One of my favorite food combinations are Rhubarb and Strawberry so I get excited when it is summer and I get to pick some fresh rhubarb and my amazing man picked up some fresh strawberries from a Lindy's truck before he got home from work so I decided to whip up my favorite crisp.  So if you enjoy the sweet strawberries and tart rhubarb you are in for a treat.  Try it warm with some ice cream.

Ingredients
3 Cups Rhubarb *chopped*
 2 1/4 Cup Strawberries *chopped*
3/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
4 Tablespoon Cornstarch


1/3 Cup Flour
1 Cup Oatmeal *Quick Oats
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 Cup butter *melted*
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar

Instructions
Preheat oven to 350*
Mix together rhubarb,strawberries, granulated sugar and corn starch.  Pour and even out into an 8x8 pan.
Mix together Flour, oatmeal, cinnamon, brown sugar and melted butter.  Mix until crumbly and spread over rhubarb strawberry mixture.
Bake for 40 mins or until mixture in bubbly.






No comments:

Post a Comment