Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Cream Cheese Wontons


I love Chinese  food but I am picky about it.  I grew up going to a Chinese restaurant almost every week and to the same one. Back when I was 18 the closed down the restaurant and I was so very sad.  I didn't like any other Chinese restaurant so I started making my own creations and this one is a winner.  My oldest daughter and I were fighting over them left and right and she won the last odd number one.
They are crunchy,creamy and have amazing flavor

1 block cream cheese *room temp*
1/4 Cup Green Onions *chopped*
1 Tablespoon Sugar
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
Wonton Wrappers
1 Egg
1/2 Cup water
Oil

Heat oil 325*
Mix cheese,onions,sugar and sauce until creamy and fully mixed.
Mix egg and water together and dip edges in egg wash mixture and place 1 Teaspoon of cream cheese mixture in the middle.
Fold in half, pinch edges and pinch sides and bring into the center.
Fry until brown and crispy and drain on paper towel









No comments:

Post a Comment