Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Copycat: Reese's Egg


Who doesn't love a Reese's Peanut Butter Egg, I mean really? Well besides my ex's grandma who hated chocolate?  Still crazy to think I knew someones who hated chocolate, crazy woman.

Anywho our whole family is obsessed with Reese's eggs where we stock up on them every season so when I seen this recipe I about spit my tea all over the screen but I didn't because I don't want to ruin my computer.

These are to die for and they are even better than the Reese's brand and cheaper! So that is a big bonus huh?

3 Cups of Powdered sugar 
1 1/2 Cups Peanut Butter *Creamy*
1/4 Cups/ half stick of butter *melted*
2 Tablespoons Milk
2 Bags Chocolate Chips
2 Tablespoons Shortening

Beat together sugar, peanut butter and butter.  Add two tablespoon of milk and mix well.  (for me the dough was a little watery so I added 2 more tablespoons of sugar and it turned out perfect)

On a floured surface roll out dough to your desired thickness, I liked mine about 1/2 inch.

Use egg cutter or shaped the egg yourself with a knife.  Place egg shapes on wax paper and put into freezer for one hour.

When you are ready to dip,  melt together chips and shortening in microwave or double boiler.

Dip each egg and place back onto wax paper.  Let cool down.

Adapted by









No comments:

Post a Comment