Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Coffee Cake


Coffee cake brings me back to being in Milwaukee with my grandma and walking down to the Italian bakery to get some coffee cake.  They had two different kids one with a sugar streusel and one with a cream but this is the one I bought most because I love eating this in the morning with my tea.  It is crummy, dryish, a perfect sugar streusel topping and in the middle which in the end pairs perfect for that cup of coffee or tea. 

I really do miss that Italian bakery so this is my copycat so I can help my fix from "home"

Cake

1 1/2 Cup Flour
1 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
3/4 Cup Sugar
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
1/4 Cup Canola Oil
1 Egg
3/4 Cup Milk

Streusel

3/4 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
2 Tablespoons Cinnamon
4 Tablespoons Melted Butter
4 Tablespoons Flour

Preheat oven to 350*

Sift Flour,baking powder and salt in bowl. Add sugar and oil and mix.  Mix in egg,milk and vanilla the batter will be sticky.

Combine all streusel ingredients in a bowl and mix.

Grease 9x9 pan and pour 1/2 of batter in pan and put 1/2 streusel on top and repeat. 

Bake for 25-30 mins or until knife comes out clean












No comments:

Post a Comment