Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Slow Cooker Roast Beef Sliders


I would like to vent on how much I dislike the time change.  Not because my kids sleeping schedule is all messed up it is because it gets dark at 5 P.M.  Why you ask?  Because my suppers are done at 5 and then I have nothing but horrible yellow light to take my photos with.  So I am now trying to find lots of soup recipes and slow cooker recipes where I can sneak a plate before it gets dark outside so today I had supper at 2:30 because that is when the light was gorgeous!  Call me crazy but I dislike taking my photos in light bulb light.

Anyways this recipe is super simple and the taste is amazing!  Seriously I didn't think it would be this good.  I cannot wait to make this again.

1 3-4 lb beef roast
1 cup water
1 cup salsa
1 envelope onion soup mix
1 envelope Italian dressing mix
1 envelope Au Jus mixWhisk together water, salsa and seasoning packets. Place roast in slow cooker. Pour seasoning mixture over roast. Cook on low for 8-10 hours, or high for 4-5 hours.

Three Envelope Pot Roast recipe (above), shredded
1 pkg. King's Hawaiian Rolls
Sliced Swiss cheese (1 slice per slider)
Cut each roll in half and place on a baking sheet. Place a slice of Swiss cheese on the bottom half of each roll. Place baking sheet in oven with broiler on low. Broil for 1-2 minutes or until edges of the rolls are golden and cheese has melted (be sure to watch them closely so they don't burn!). Remove baking sheet from oven.
Place a spoonful of shredded beef on top of each roll with Swiss cheese on it.  Assemble each slider by placing the top half of the roll on top of the bottom.

Adapted By







No comments:

Post a Comment