Friday, September 27, 2013

Potato Gnocchi



Gnocchi is one of my favorite dishes.  It is a simple dish that is seriously oh so good!  It is great to have something a little different instead of pasta with your spaghetti sauce.  It is light but still heavy at the same time if that makes any sense?  Well it does in my head.  I also have no idea where this came from.  This recipe was in a notebook of recipes I wrote almost 10 years ago when I was moving out of my moms. So thank you who ever you are.

4 Med Potatoes
1 Egg
2 Cups Flour *and some extra for dusting*

Peel and boil potatoes until soft, drain and smash just like you were to make mashed potatoes.
Add your egg and flour and mix until if forms a dough like ball.
Grab some extra flour because it will be sticky, grab off chunks and roll into long "snakes"
Cut into half inch pieces.  Throw them into a salted boiling water and boil for 5 mins or until they come to surface.
Cover with cheese,sauce,meatballs, whatever your fancy is.









No comments:

Post a Comment