Monday, September 30, 2013

Cheesecake Poke Cake with Strawberry Whipped Cream


Today was one of those days where I am out of everything and I cannot go shopping for another four days.  We are out of snacks, goodies, you name it so I have to search and look around and I came up with something.  Okay okay it isn't the most amazing invention ever but I did make my own yellow cake so I should get great credit right?  If you have some yellow boxed cake mix go a head and use it but I didn't have any so I made mine from scratch.  This poke cake has amazing flavors combined together so gear up and taste the best poke cake ever.  *my blog I can exaggerate a bit right?*

Yellow Cake

2 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled, sifted after measuring
1 + 1/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 1 9x13 cake pan
In a large mixing bowl sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
Mix butter and sugar together until smooth.  Then add one egg at a time and mix.  Add milk and vanilla and mix until smooth.
Pour batter into prepared pans, dividing equally among both. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

When cake cools poke holes through out the cake.

Cheesecake Filling
1 3.4 oz cheese cake pudding
2 Cups cold milk

Mix together until thickened and pour onto cool cake 

Strawberry Whipped Cream
2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
1 Powdered Sugar *add more if you want it sweeter*
4 Tablespoons Strawberry Extract 

Whip heavy cream until thick.  Mix in your powdered sugar and extract until smooth

When done top cake with whipping cream and put into fridge for 1 hour or when ready to serve.

Yellow Cake Mix adapted from








No comments:

Post a Comment