Sunday, March 10, 2013

Beer Bread



Another week of quick bread March and I made a batch of Beer Bread!  This took me about 5 mins just to put it all together it is simple and "quick" and delicious.  Now if this is your first time on my blog I LOVE sweets if not then you just read it again!  So instead of beer and to give the bread a "sweeter" taste I used sprite and it was fabulous!  I have a wonderful sister in law who makes a beer bread whenever we go to gathers more like I ask her to make it haha.  I had just found out she makes it out of a box from pampered chef!  So I had to see if I could make my own.  It is pretty close in flavor wise but the crust is a lot more crunchy.  You can go ahead and use your beer for a more heartier flavor I just like my sprite.  My sister in law also introduced me in cutting this bread in cubes and dipping it in a dill dip.  The dill dip is nothing special just good ol' hidden valley dill powder and sour cream.  This bread also makes great grilled cheeses and other sandwiches!
Ok sorry for your paragraph! Go on and make the bread


3 cups sifted flour
1/4 cup sugar
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
12 oz. beer *i used sprite*
1/4 cup butter, melted


Sift all dry ingredients into a medium size bowl. Add beer and stir until well combined. Place dough into a 9x5 loaf pan that has been sprayed lightly with cooking spray. Pour melted butter over the dough. Bake at 375F for one hourDo not preheat oven. Remove from oven and cool completely on a wire rack before slicing.






Recipe from




1 comment: