Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Corn Bacon Pancakes


As a little girl I loved corn pancakes it was always a favorite of mine.  I haven't had them for over 15 years because I never thought about making them so on our breakfast dinner nights on Sundays I decided to create my own but with bacon because I know everyone would eat them if they had bacon in them.  So the next time you are in the mood for more of a savory item whip these up and enjoy the sweet crunch of corn and the saltiness of the bacon.  It is to die for

Ingredients:
2.8 ounces of real bacon bits or 6 slices of bacon chopped
1 Cup Flour
1 Tablespoon Parsley
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1 Teaspoon Salt
1/8 Teaspoon Red Pepper
2/3 Cup Milk
1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
1 Large Egg *beaten*
1 Cup frozen corn
1/2 Cup Mozzarella cheese

Instructions:

Mix together Flour, baking powder, salt, parsley, and red pepper. Stiry in the beaten egg, milk, and oil.  Gently fold in the bacon, corn and cheese.  Pour 1/4 Cup of batter onto griddle and cook 3 minutes per side.  Mixture will be very thick. Top off with sweet syrup

Recipe adapted from










No comments:

Post a Comment