Monday, May 19, 2014

Hot Fudge Cake


So I was told about this cake from a friend of mine and I have never heard of it before and I am kinda sad no one has ever introduced me to this before, ever!  It is the most easiest cake I have ever made and so far everyone is loving it.  Mix, top, pour and bake and that is all there is to it.  

I mean really a chocolate cake with hot fudge at the bottom, what could be better?

  • 1 cup all purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 6 tbsp cocoa powder, divided
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 2 tbsp vegetable oil
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 3/4 cup hot water
Preheat oven to 350*
Grease a 8x8 baking dish with vegetable shortening.
Add the flour, sugar, 4 tbsp cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt to the dish. Mix with a fork or spatula.
Add the milk, oil, and vanilla. Mix until a thick batter forms. Spread the batter evenly in the dish.
Sprinkle the remaining cocoa powder and brown sugar evenly over top of the batter. Pour the hot water over top, but do not mix.
Bake for 35 minutes and serve warm and over ice cream.  Serves 9
Recipe From





No comments:

Post a Comment