Monday, January 27, 2014

Cream Of Chicken


Oh my all time favorite comfort food!  I could live off mashed potatoes for ever, not kidding. I swear I am a healthy person and I diet but nobody takes away my mashed potatoes.  This creamy wonderful sauce drapped over mashed potatoes is enough to win anyone over on a cold winter day like Wisconsin has been giving us.

Wisconsin hasn't been nice, propane shortage, pipeline problems, weather is negative 30s-50s, pipes frozen, and cars won't start.  I am really over it I wish this were a warm state.  The cold and snow this year is insane.

So when the weather is like this, I need comfort food like this.

Creamed Chicken
1 LB Chicken Cooked and Shredded
Salt and Pepper to taste
6 Tablespoons Butter
6 Tablespoons Flour
1 Cup Heavy Cream
2 Cups Chicken Stock

Cook and shred chicken and set aside.  Melt butter into pan and add in flour and mix until it turns into a paste.  Mix in the cream and stock until fully mixed and creamy.  Season with salt and pepper to taste.  Boil until thick and mix in chicken.  Serve over mashed potatoes, toast or biscuits. 








No comments:

Post a Comment