Thursday, November 14, 2013

Pork Loin with Mushroom Gravy


So I am not going to lie, for the past 3 years of buying pork loin and all of the recipes I have tried they were "eh" and I was ready to give up on pork loin but then I found this recipe a few weeks ago and decided to give it one more shot.  IT WAS AMAZING!  No lie the two pork loins I made were gone by my family of 5.  The flavor was great and the super moist and the best loin I have ever tasted and made.  You can easily leave out the mushrooms if you don't like them.  I hope you enjoy the recipe.

** I did double the recipe because I had two pork loins **

2/3 cup chicken broth
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1 pork tenderloin cut into rounds
1 tablespoon seasoned dry bread crumbs
1 tablespoon olive oil
1-1/2 cups mushrooms, sliced
garnish-parsley

Whisk together the broth and tomato paste.
Stir in rosemary, salt and pepper.
Slice tenderloin into 1-inch slices
Lightly coat pork with bread crumbs.
Heat oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat.
Add pork; cook until golden brown; turning once.
Remove from skillet.
Reduce heat to medium.
Add mushrooms ; cook 3 minutes or until lightly browned.
Return pork to skillet; add broth mixture.
Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 2 to 4 minutes or until pork is pale pink in center.
Remove from skillet; increase heat to high; boil sauce 2 to 3 minutes or until reduced and slightly thickened.
Serve sauce over pork.
Sprinkle fresh parsley.

Adapted from







No comments:

Post a Comment