Monday, October 7, 2013

Scallop Potatoes and Ham


I love comfort food mostly in fall and winter and since it is that season you will be seeing tons of it.  This is an oldie but a goodie and I cannot believe it has been over 3 years since I made it.  I was looking through my old recipes and came across this and I totally forgot about this recipe!  I had to make it!

6 MED Potatoes thinly sliced
3 Tablespoons Butter
2 Tablespoons Flour
1 Teaspoon Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
2 1/2 Cups Milk
1 Small onion finely chopped
2 Cups Chopped Ham

Preheat  Oven 350*
Heat butter into pan until melted.  Blend in flour,salt and pepper, cook on a low heat.  Stir in milk, heat to boil and stir constantly for 1 min.  Mix ham and onions into sauce. 

Cut potatoes thin into greased 2 QT casserole into 3 layers.  Potatoes and sauce.  Keep rotating until you end with Sauce.

Cook for 30 mins covered and then uncover and bake 45 min uncovered 








No comments:

Post a Comment