Monday, September 2, 2013

Soft Pumpkin Cookies



Oh that crisp air, changing colors of the leaves oh how I love, WAIT it is only September 2nd I am so not ready for fall but Wisconsin is at 60* right now and it is noon.  So what did we decide to make?  These delicious things.  I made these up a while back because I didn't have baking soda so I created my own pumpkin cookies and they are amazing or I think so and my kids too. They are always soft and I top mine off with a dollop of whipped cream.  They do not spread so make them as small or large you want them.  I prefer making mine a little on the small side.


2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cornstarch 
1 tsp cinnamon 
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup Shortening and 3 tablespoons of water
1 cup pumpkin purée
1 egg
2 tsp vanilla extract

Preheat the oven to 350F, and grease two cookie sheets.

Cream together the shortening,water and both sugars.
Stir in the pumpkin purée, egg, and vanilla extract.
Combine the dry ingredients through sifter in another bowl, and then slowly add them to the wet ingredients, mixing well.
Drop heaping tablespoons of the dough onto the cookie sheets, leaving space between cookies.
Bake for about 15 minutes. 
Cool the cookies on the cookie sheets for a few minutes before moving them to a cooling rack to cool the rest of the way.




I also had a helper









No comments:

Post a Comment