Monday, July 29, 2013

German Pancake Bowls


So I just have to rave about these!  These are absolutely amazing but of course let me tell you some things about these.  The recipe I got them from they look nothing like the photo and there were cons out weighing the pros but I had to try them out for myself.  I followed the recipe exactly and they came out perfect or my kind of perfect.

These do not have any type of rising agent so do not expect these to be a fluffy pancake they are actually very dense.  When they come out of the oven they will be huge but let them settle down for at least 5 minutes and then will sink and create a little crater in the center.

But as I said I loved them.  There are easy,simple and fast to make and we will be making these a lot more often

1 cup milk
6 eggs
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 cup butter, melted

Preheat oven 400*
Grease and flour cupcake pans

Add the first 5 ingredients into bowl and whisk until there are no lumps.
Add in the butter a little at a time while whisking

Take 1/4 cup and add in batter in the 24 tins.  They should be almost full.

Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown and puffy

Serve with fresh fruit,cream,pie filling,powdered sugar or just syrup! 











No comments:

Post a Comment