Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Easy Crock Pot Bean Soup


This is my all time favorite soup and always has been.  Growing up my Grandpa *rest his soul* made the best bean soup ever *sorry mom*

Now my mom did make an awesome bean soup but I guess there is just something about grandpa's recipe.  I don't know what recipe he used and the last time I had it was probably around 15 or less but I remember I was a teen and went to his house with my mom and there he sat making bean soup.

If you are ready for a simple, fast, creamy, over the edge in deliciousness soup.  You are going to have to try this

It is perfect for the cold fall and winter months or if you are like me and it is 60* in July, it is good for that too

3 15 oz Can of Navy Beans *do not drain*
2 cups chicken broth
2 cups shredded/chopped Ham
1 cup diced carrots
1/2 onion minced 
1/4 cup Corn Starch
Pepper to taste
Parsley to taste

Put all ingredients into crock pot/ slow cooker and cook on high for 5-6 hours. Beans and carrots should be soft.








No comments:

Post a Comment