Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Applesauce Cookies



So we needed something to snack on today and everyone wanted cookies but I had no chocolate chips so I dug around in my old recipe bins and I found this recipe.  I have always been afraid I guess you could say to try a cookie recipe with applesauce.  I am the type of person where I am happy with a recipe I stick to it but today I couldn't.  Happy ending though, it is soft, tastes like a snicker doodle because of the cinnamon sugar but it is good and we will be making this again.  This recipe made me 36 cookies depending on the size you shape them.


1 cup butter, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 cup applesauce
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

Topping:
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Mix together the butter, sugar, salt, applesauce, cinnamon, and vanilla until well-combined. Then gradually add in the flour. Mix until fully incorporated and smooth.
Form dough into balls by hand and place on cookie sheets. Gently flatten balls, but don’t make them too flat. Bake for 18 minutes or until lightly browned at 325 degrees. Gently roll warm cookies in cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place on a cooling rack to cool completely.






No comments:

Post a Comment