Saturday, March 30, 2013

Buttermilk Banana Bread


This is the last week of Quick Bread March!  I hope you enjoyed these last 4 weeks of bread goodness.
I was always a fan of my mother's banana bread but I wanted to venture out and find mine own to see if it would be just as good.  I came across this website via google search and I read some great reviews plus I had some buttermilk I needed to use up before it went bad.  This is my new banana bread recipe!

Ingredients:

3 cups flour

½ tsp salt
1½ tsp baking powder
1½ tsp baking soda
½ cup chopped pecans (optional)
2 cups sugar
½ cup unsalted butter
2 eggs
1 cup buttermilk (or substitute 1 cup milk with juice of one lemon)
5 - 6 very ripe bananas

Directions:

Preheat oven to 300 degrees.  Prepare two loaf pans by buttering and lining with parchment paper.
Sift or whisk flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.  Add pecans if using, then set aside. In a separate bowl, cream sugar and butter. Mix in eggs, one at a time, then add the bananas. Add dry ingredients and buttermilk, alternating until incorporated.  Try to end with the dry ingredient addition, and be sure not to over mix.
Bake in buttered loaf pans for one hour or until toothpick comes out clean.


P.S Be on the look out for

Where junk food recipes are made healthy one recipe a week!






No comments:

Post a Comment