Saturday, February 18, 2017

Easy Chocolate Mousse


Have you ever just had a string of bad luck? The last few weeks have been full of them. I am finally getting rid of a horribly cold that lasted three weeks, my slow cooker actually blew up with with black smoke and everything, my food processor went to crud and I woke up in the middle of the night to find black glass all over my kitchen floor from my oven; so for now I am out of a few cooking tools. 

So for Valentine's day it was hard since I have certain things I make every year. I made steak on the stove, twice baked potatoes out of the microwave, and since I couldn't make my strawberry chocolate heart cheesecakes I made this delicious chocolate mousse that actually turned out to be a huge hit. 

It is simple, creamy, just enough sweetness and chocolate to help your craving. This filled 5 large glasses or you could even put this into a pie if you would like. No matter how you eat it, you will enjoy every bite.

Ingredients:

2 Eggs
1/4 Cup Sugar 
2 1/2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream (Divided)
1 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips

Instructions:

Beat eggs and sugar for three minutes
Next heat one cup of Heavy Whipping Cream in a small saucepan until hot but do not boil. Mix the hot heavy cream slow and low into the egg mixture until combined.
Place the egg mixture back into saucepan over low heat for five minutes or until thickened, do not boil
Remove from heat into bowl, stir in chocolate until melted and combined. Cover and place into fridge for two hours.
Take your whisk attachment and whip your remaining heavy cream until it reached stiff peaks. Take chilled and firm chocolate from fridge and fold your fresh whipping cream into chocolate mixture until smooth. 

Optional: Top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings

Recipe by








No comments:

Post a Comment