Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Beef Barley Soup


Hello all long time no see!!  So it has been a while....well more like a year a very long year.  My laptop broke down and I had no computer for a while and we were finally able to buy one but mostly because I will be starting college online in the fall and of course in the mean time I will be blogging like crazy.  So for my first post in a year I bring you Beef Barley Soup, one of my many favorites, yes I know I say that a lot but I have many favorites.  This soup warms my soul and it reminds me of childhood, my mother makes amazing barely soup, so here is my version.

1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
1 LB Stew Beef
1 Teaspoon salt & pepper, each
4 Tablespoon Beef Base
10 Cups of water
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire
1/2 onion, chopped
1 clover garlic minced
2 Large carrots shredded
1 Large potato shredded
1 cup Barley

Instructions:

Put oil in a large soup kettle and put in stew beef, cook until browned.
Add salt and pepper.
Add onions and garlic and stir for one minute.
Pour in water, beef base (better than bouillon or a powder mix) and Worcestershire. 
Bring to a boil and then set to a simmer, put lid on and let simmer for 2 hours.
When the 2 hours is up put in shredded carrots, potato and barley. Put heat on med for 1 hour.
Salt and pepper to taste















No comments:

Post a Comment