Friday, September 19, 2014

Tuscan Soup



So this soup is amazing is so many ways, the flavors are so outstanding it is down right redonkulous.
So I saw someone post a similar recipe to their Facebook that they made and I said to myself "oh my goodness, this could be 10x better!"  So I playing with ingredients and changed a lot around and I thought I created a master piece but only to find out there are tons of other versions of this every where on the foodie internet.  So here is my version of the "Tuscan Soup"

Now I like to cook my meats into the soups because well it adds more flavor but with doing that you have to let the soup cool down and then render the fat off the top or you could cook the meat first then add it to the soup, your choice.

32 oz Chicken Broth
1 Cup Heavy Cream
1 Cup Water
4 Italian Sausage Links * Cut in chunks*
2 Large potatoes *Cut into smaller chunks*
1/2 Cup Chopped Onion
1/4 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/4 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
Fresh Spinach Leaves

Place chicken broth, water, onions, sausage, and potatoes into large pot.  Let boil and cook sausage and potatoes until done.  Let soup cool and then render the fat off the top or as much as you can.  Bring soup back to boil add in cream, onions, garlic, and flakes.  Boil for 15 mins and stir constantly.

Take a hand full of spinach leaves in bowl, pour soup over spinach leaves, drool, and enjoy







No comments:

Post a Comment