Thursday, July 3, 2014

Hungarian Goulash


This is one of my all time favorite meals even growing up.  I totally forgot about it to tell you the truth, so a few years back when my mom said she was making it for dinner I wanted to sprint over to her house so I could taste the amazing flavor of this dish.  So I asked for the recipe and I was in heaven, just an amazing taste of childhood.

Hungarian Goulash is a soup or stew that is seasoned with Paprika, your taste buds will thank me later.

2 LBS Cubed Stew Meat
1 Medium Onion, diced
1 Garlic Clove, Minced
1/4 Cup Shortening
3 Cups Water
1 1/2 Cup Ketchup
5 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
3 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
4 Teaspoons Salt
4 Teaspoons Paprika
1 Teaspoon Dry Mustard
1/2 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
1/2 Cold Water
4 Tablespoons Flour

Cook and stir beef, onions and garlic in shortening until beef is brown, drain.
Stir in 3 cups of water, ketchup, Worcestershire, brown sugar, salt, paprika, mustard, and cayenne.
Heat to boiling, reduce head and cover and simmer until beef is tender, 2 1/2 hours.

Shake 1/2 Cup Cold Water and flour in tightly covered container.  Stir gradually into beef mixture, heat to boiling, stirring constantly.  Boil for one minute and serve over hot noodles.









No comments:

Post a Comment