Monday, March 24, 2014

Copycat: Outback Alice Springs Chicken


So this chicken dish was amazing!  I despise mustard, I really don't like the smell of it makes me throw up so I was really really nervous cooking with mustard but a friend of mine just kept telling me to try it so I decided to give it a try and I do not regret it.  All the flavor for some reason just work.


6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, trimmed
1/2 Teaspoon salt and pepper
8 slices maple flavored bacon
8 tablespoons yellow mustard
1/3 cup honey
3 Tbsp mayonnaise
2 Tablespoons minced onions
1 cup sliced mushrooms
3 cups shredded Colby/Jack cheese

Preheat oven to 350*
Cook bacon in large skillet.  Salt and pepper chicken and let sit until bacon is done.  Take out bacon and drain on paper towel.  Place chicken in pan *do not clean out bacon grease* and cook for 5 mins per side or until skin get brown and cooked.  Chicken will not be cooked all the way through.

Mix mustard,honey,mayo and onions in a bowl.  Place chicken into 9x13 side and spread mustard mixture on top of chicken.  Place mushrooms on top of chicken  and spread cheese on top, to top it off.

Bake for 30 mins or until chicken has reached 160* internally. 










No comments:

Post a Comment