Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Strawberry Tarts


Oh tarts aka mini pie how I love thee.  Yes we made strawberry tarts for valentines day!  First off I meant to make heart shaped ones but for some reason my heart cookie cutter was missing!  So the next best thing we thought of for valentines day was flowers and I must say they look kinda cute!

My oldest girl Mallory loves pies they are her favorite so I had her help me and we did this one the easy way out and bought good ol Pillsbury pie crust and my store had 0 strawberries so we had to buy canned, have I said I cannot wait until spring and summer?  I cannot wait to go into my grocery store and smell all the scents of fruits!

So anyways this little tart is amazing and perfect for valentines day or any day you are in the mood for tarts.

Pillsbury pie crust or make your own
1 can Strawberry Pie Filling (or if you have access to fresh strawberries that is amazing)
1 egg (whisked)
Sugar

Preheat your oven to 450*
Cut out the pie crust in any shapes you want to
Put 1 Tablespoon in the middle of the cut out and press down on edge with fingers or forks
Take your pastry brush and brush on your egg wash and then sprinkle on sugar
Place on pan and bake for 5-10 mins or until golden brown

Cool down and enjoy







and of course I have to show off my little helpers of the day















No comments:

Post a Comment