Monday, December 23, 2013

Gingerbread Cookies


Week 4 of  Cookie Tray Month and we are done!  I cannot believe Christmas is 2 days away!! I am done shopping and wrapping all I have to do is play Santa and I cannot wait to see all my kids faces on Christmas morning.  Gingerbread is just something I cannot live with out.  The molasses smell kills me every time but the taste and smell of these cookies makes my day a tad bit better ok ok maybe a lot a bit.

They are soft and amazing and no cookie tray should be with out these.

I hope you all have an amazing and safe Christmas.

Gingerbread Cookie:
1/2 cup butter softened 
3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1/3 Cup Molasses
1 Egg
2 Tablespoons Water
2 2/3 Cups Flour
2 Teaspoons Ginger
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Teaspoon Each: Ground Cinnamon,nutmeg and allspice

Icing:
2 Egg Whites
2 Cups Powdered Sugar

Preheat Oven 350
In a large bowl mix butter and sugar until creamy.  Beat in molasses, egg and water until fully combined.
Combine flour,ginger,soda,salt,cinnamon,nutmeg and allspice in separate bowl and mix into sugar mixture until mixed well. Divide dough in half and put into fridge for 30 mins.

On flour surfaced roll out dough to 1/8 thickness cut with cookie cutters and place onto pan placing 2 in apart.  Bake for 8 mins or until edges are firm.

For Icing whisk white until they have soft peak and then slowly add in sugar whisking until firm peaks have formed

Recipe adapted from












No comments:

Post a Comment