Thursday, December 12, 2013

Cherry Apple Crisp



I cannot believe I have never shared this recipe with you.  It is the cold season and I love a warm crisp with some ice cream of course.  Cherries and apples are amazing together and this recipe is probably more common than I know but this has always been my favorite.  Cherries always make me think of my Grandpa who passes away July 2012.  He loved cherry pie so whenever I make anything cherry I am making it for him too.  Miss your grandpa!

1 Can Cherry Pie Filling
3 Granny Smith Apples 
1 Cup Flour
3/4 Cup Oats
1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
7 Tablespoons Melted Butter

Preheat oven to 350*
Peel and cut apples into small cubes and mix in with cherry pie and put into a 9x9 baking pan
Mix the flour,oats,cinnamon,brown sugar and melted butter together and put it on top the apple cherry mixture and bake for 35 minutes until topping is golden brown.

Serve warm with vanilla ice cream










No comments:

Post a Comment