Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Better Than Sex Cake

Updated 7/25/2017

Or in my house, we say Better than kisses cake because of all the little ears. If you have never heard of this cake I am sorry and if you have had this a million times I am not surprised. This my go to quick dessert when my house hold is hungry for something sweet and they do not want cookies. I have been on this clean eating, a new me lifestyle and my family are amazing to stand behind me and eat whatever I eat but they all started complaining a  month in that I have not baked anything and that there were no snacks in the house. So I had to think of something quick and I realized I hadn't made this in a year or so. I ran to the store and baked this at 8 p.m and it was ready by the next day for everyone to snack on. 

In the end, this cake is so super moist with a carmel sauce that runs down each bite of cake and is covered with a light whipping cream with the perfect crunch of the Heath bits. You will want to make this your to go to cake too. 


Ingredients

  • 1 (18.25 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
  • 1/2 (14 ounces) can sweeten condensed milk
  • 6 ounces caramel ice cream topping
  • 1 Bag of Heath Toffee Bits
  • 1 (8 ounces) container frozen whipped topping, thawed


Directions

Bake cake according to package directions for a 9x13 inch pan; cool on wire rack for 5 minutes. Make slits across the top of the cake, making sure not to go through to the bottom.

In a saucepan over low heat, combine sweetened condensed milk and caramel topping, stirring until smooth and blended. Slowly pour the warm topping mixture over the top of the warm cake, letting it sink into the slits; then sprinkle the Heath toffee bits liberally across the entire cake while still warm.   (leave some behind for the topping!)
Let cake cool completely, then top with whipped topping. Decorate the top of the cake with some more toffee bits. Refrigerate for 3 hours and serve right from the pan!



No comments:

Post a Comment