Friday, November 22, 2013

Open Faced Beef Sandwich


So back when I was 16 I use to waitress for this cafe and they made the most amazing open beef sandwiches.  I would eat them when ever I got the chance, I swear diner food is the best.  So as I was making out the menu for this weeks dinner and I thought about this and realized I haven't had it since I was 18! So I thought why not.  It was moist, juicy and the taste was amazing.  Just make it and see for yourself.

Beef:
tip roast 2 lbs
1 carton of Beef Stock
1 Table Spoons Steak and burger seasoning * I use Famous Daves*
2 Teaspoons Worcestershire sauce

Put all ingredients into slow cooker at low for 6-8 hours or high for 4-6 hours.
Shred when done

Homemade Gravy:
1 Tablespoon butter
1 Tablespoon flour
1 Cup of juice from the slow cooker

Make your rue.  Melt butter is pan and mix  in flour until smooth.  Add is juice and whisk until thickens.
Double if you want more gravy

assemble with bread, roast, mashed potatoes and gravy.










No comments:

Post a Comment