Monday, September 9, 2013

Kettle Corn Trail Mix


First I would like to apologize for my absence.  It will be a busy few weeks here in my home so I will not be able to post a lot like I am use to.  I will be posting the theme recipes and if I am lucky one more.

Other whosits who likes kettle corn??  ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!
Did you know it can take 2 minutes to make it yourself at home and still taste amazing!!
So for this weeks After School Snack I made Kettle Corn Trail Mix.  What could be more awesome?
Lots of things but we won't go there

Kettle Corn:
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup popcorn kernels
1/3 cup sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt

what you need – A large pot with lid

Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat until oil is starting to smoke a little. Put popcorn and sugar combined in a small bowl.  Add popcorn and sugar to hot oil giving it a quick stir and then cover with lid.  Give it a quick shake and let it pop.  Once most of the popcorn pops remove it from heat but leave on lid and shake some more to finish popping.   Pour into a large bowl and sprinkle with salt and serve when cooled.  Do not make the mistake of removing the pot from heat without transferring to a bowl. Due to the high heat of the pot, if you don’t transfer the popcorn it will caramelize and perhaps burn. *Also, do not attempt to make a batch of this in a dutch oven.
Now for the trail mix add anything you want.  I added dried Apricots,bananas and M&Ms

To check out more After School Recipe Theme






No comments:

Post a Comment